This is a submission by koteosa
What’s their tumblr handle?
- Mainly original work, no frequented fandoms
How did you discover them?
- A Fairy Kei blog I follow reblogged something for Werepop, but I had already seen some of her work, I just didn’t know where to find her blog.
What kind of art do they do?
- Vector art
Why did you choose this one piece to represent them?
- To me it shows perfectly the sort of art she does in terms of style and subject matter. She draws girls with a lot of Japanese fashion influences and a lot of the girls she draws don’t wear a lot of clothing or generally have a sort of sexiness to them despite the art style (which I guess you wouldn’t expect?). Generally the stuff she draws is mature (there is some blood too) yet it’s still very cute and appealing.
Why do you like them?
- She draws in the exact sort of style that I don’t see very often and that I find really appealing. It reminds me of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt or the Scott Pilgrim series. Their artwork is simple, clean, and adorable. The fashion and mature/dark themes paired with that just makes it that much better, in my opinion. I only wish that her blog had way more art so I could spend hours going through it all—it’s complete eye candy. It’s very inspiring to me as well.
What’s one interesting thing they do that you really like?
- I adore the strange way she draws eyelashes; it adds a sort of charm that I wish I had thought of first. I also like the way she uses hearts to add blush to joints and to replace nipples.
Anything else you wanna tell us about this artist?
- She sells tee-shirts, which are the cutest things. I wish I had the money to buy them all. You can find Werepop’s shop here.